At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is seeking interns & co-ops to join our team to build new features that improve existing products like Coinbase.com Custody, Wallet, NFTs etc while helping with other APAC expansion initiatives. You will solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems. You will help build the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone across the globe (www, iOS, Android), operating real-time applications with high frequency, low latency updates, keeping the platform safe from fraud, enabling delightful experiences, and managing the most secure, dockerized infrastructure running in the cloud.
Note: The internship cycle is between May - Aug 2024
What you'll be doing:
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- Solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems
- Have experience in any OO programming experience (in a class, for fun, at a job).
- Enjoy thinking about how people interact with products and building experiences that users love
- Self-motivated and committed to personal growth
- Approach problems with positive energy
Nice to haves:
- Degree or currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field