Imagine a world where every person has improved access to financial services. People could start new businesses, pay for their children’s education, cover their emergency medical bills – the possibilities to improve life are endless.
Branch is a global technology company revolutionizing financial access for millions of underserved banking customers today across Africa and India. By leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones, machine learning and other technology, Branch is pioneering new ways to improve access and value for those overlooked by banks. From instant loans to market-leading investment yields, Branch offers a variety of products that help our customers be financially empowered.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the co-founders of Kiva.org and one of the earliest product leaders of PayPal. Branch has raised over $100 million from leading Silicon Valley investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and Visa.
With over 32 million downloads, Branch is one of the most popular finance apps in the world.
About the role
Branch launched in India in 2019 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. In 2022, we plan to grow our product and engineering team in India significantly. As part of this team, you will work closely with our global engineering team (distributed across three continents) to strengthen the capabilities of our existing product and build out new products for Branch. Example projects include: Building new functionality for our Credit, Wallet, and Investment products; improving the reliability of our core payments and banking systems; researching new product ideas and bringing them to market.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As a product team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making. We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-moving, innovative, and customer-focused setting.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Participate and assist in the lifecycle of development for key areas of the Branch product. This encompasses everything from researching new features and creating detailed specs, to managing the team’s workflow and shipping deliverables on time.
- Work closely with our engineering and operational teams to triage bugs, define requirements, and set high-level quarterly milestones.
- Evaluate, initiate, and manage partnerships with third-party vendors to help Branch achieve our product roadmap.
- Draw insights from user research, experiments, and industry trends to set the team strategy and prioritize projects that sustainably grow our customer base and drive the adoption of new products.
- Demonstrated the ability to manage projects, bring clarity to ambiguous questions, and chart a path forward.
- Top-notch analytical abilities. You can measure initiatives quantitatively, and you draw actionable insights to guide decisions.
- You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions. You are a great collaborator and teacher. Effective written communication skills and the ability to work with remote teams are essential.
- You are eager to learn new skills, solve complex problems, and work closely with diverse teams, including Design and Engineering.
- You are resourceful. You know how to do more with less, and you’ve worked on lean teams that have had a large impact. You are not afraid of big challenges, and you do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Experience with Fintech industry would be good, but not a must have
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
- Fully-paid Group Medical Insurance and Personal Accidental Insurance
- Unlimited paid time off including personal leave, bereavement leave, sick leave
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- $500 Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance
- Team meals and social events- Virtual and In-person
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!