At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital assets into the financial mainstream. We are building a world-class Policy team to lead Coinbase’s engagement, advocacy, and outreach efforts with policymakers around the world. In this role, you will be a key member of the Policy team, at a company where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm.
You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be on the leading edge of policy development in the cryptocurrency space, and will play an important role in advancing Coinbase’s policy strategy in the United States. You will work closely with external partners, internal business leaders, and other internal support functions like Legal, Compliance, Comms and Marketing, to ensure alignment of our policy activities and functions. This position is fully remote, and can be located anywhere within the United States.
This role’s leadership responsibilities include:
- Serving as a project manager to help ensure efficient execution and repeatable innovation across all US policy functions, including direct advocacy, political engagement, and grassroots activities.
- Driving events planning and collaboration with third party organizations.
- Engaging directly in the budgeting and operations process for US Policy.
- Helping to develop and manage relationships with government officials at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Helping to develop a best-in-class, holistic government affairs program.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Serving as project / operations manager for Coinbase grassroots initiatives and political activities, including product rollouts and direct to consumer communications activities.
- Collaborating closely with internal cross functional teams and external partners to execute grassroots initiatives and political activities.
- Managing the flow of information and work streams across US Policy, ensuring all deliverables meet agreed-upon deadlines and standards.
- Working closely with third party organizations to further the goals of US Policy and Coinbase, helping to ensure alignment on goals, deliverables, and costs.
- Managing administrative functions related to budget and operations for US Policy.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- 2 years+ experience working in the crypto industry in a project management or operations capacity.
- Experience in events planning, including budgeting and project management.
- Proficiency in working with technology product teams to drive policy goals.
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including written & verbal dexterity.
- Skilled at interacting effectively with all levels of management, regulators and policy makers.
- Superlative writing and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working on novel issues in a turbocharged environment, combined with a proclivity for proactive collaboration when problem solving.
- Excellent team-building skills.
- A strong interest in digital assets, crypto markets, and blockchain technology.
- High EQ and a passion for acting like an owner.
Nice to haves:
- Background in political activity, including fundraising and political affairs.
- Expertise in financial or technology issues impacting the crypto industry.
- Deep experience in budget cycle management and planning.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range as detailed below. Full time offers from Coinbase also include target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.