What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception.
The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.As DeFi Specialist, you will report into the DeFi lead, and focus on working to help onboard high-priority projects into the public chain and Polygon CDK DeFi ecosystems, and manage pipelines/relationships on an ongoing basis.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Creating and managing pipelines of DeFi native projects.
- Cultivating subject-matter expertise around new DeFi primitives, and developing frameworks for analysis of narratives.
- Understanding needs of projects building in the Polygon Ecosystem, and working hands-on to support their growth.
- Facilitate cross-functional relationships internally, ensuring that the DeFi team is providing value across all of Polygon Labs core initiatives.
A Day in the Life
- In-person / virtual calls to pitch, onboard, and conduct project support for DeFi projects on Polygon networks.
- Traveling to conferences, globally
- Creating team strategy across different blockchains in the Polygon ecosystem: Polygon PoS, Polygon zkEVM, Polygon CDK-enabled chains, and Miden.
- Collaborating closely with the existing DeFi team
- Working cross-functionally with teams like DAO, Institutional Finance/Tokenization, CDK, and Enterprise to integrate DeFi applications.
About the Team
- The DeFi team at Polygon Labs is one of the best known and most established in the space. As a team, we’re focused on developing sustainable business models on-chain, and supporting novel primitives. The main focus over the coming years puts a heavy emphasis on building out native products on Polygon networks. Joining our team means working closely with a group of passionate, DeFi-native builders, who live and breathe DeFi. Our collaborative team atmosphere creates an inclusive environment for sharpening existing sector knowledge, and direct contact with senior leadership on strategy and execution.
- 2-4 years of experience working in DeFi
- Experience working on a BD team, and background in effective communication to high-priority counterparties.
- Extensive relationships in DeFi
- Ability to quickly analyze new projects for value add to the Polygon ecosystem