Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What we’re looking for
Cross River’s Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with current regulations, and as a Fraud Investigation Senior Analyst, you play an important role.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of financial crimes, fraud prevention, and investigations best practices and will manage potential loss investigations by working with customers, partners, and authorities to mitigate loss. The Fraud Investigation Senior Analyst will assist in the development and implementation of industry best practices to mitigate losses, enhance preventive measures, and ensure strong levels of controls.
The Compliance team cares about results, not activity, and we have fun doing it. If you like challenging problems, are analytical, and a great team player—we want to hear from you!
- Conduct independent investigations into suspected illegal, fraudulent, or unusual activity involving financial accounts, customers, and associates.
- Review cases by analyzing transaction information, reviewing loan documentation, conducting interviews, and consulting with peer institutions and/or law enforcement agencies when required.
- Manage multiple cases/investigations/reviews simultaneously and provide formal reporting.
- Prepare work papers to adequately document investigations performed with supporting evidence for all forensic findings.
- Prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports and memorandum in a timely manner.
- Interface with various levels of the organization, including Senior Management, as well as legal counsel, and law enforcement as required.
- Provide guidance and assistance to fellow associates when needed.
- Assist department management by ensuring department activities are compliant and efficient.
- Provide relevant training and guidance to bank associates of all levels and job functions.
- Build effective relationships and work closely with senior personnel in Audit, Legal, Employee Relations, Independent Fraud Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Loss Recovery Unit, Corporate Security, the Financial Intelligence Unit and Business Line Management.
- Demonstrated prior fraud investigation experience and skills, including the ability to develop an investigation approach/strategy, obtain and analyze evidence, draw relevant conclusions, and recommend control enhancements.
- Experienced in writing and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR).
- Ability to interact, influence, negotiate and challenge management when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete cases/projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- 5 years of risk management/fraud experience in financial industry or 4 year degree with 3 years of related banking experience
- Working knowledge of research methodology of fraud and financial crime activities
- Knowledge of fraud detection, prevention, authentication strategies and techniques
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and across business units to resolve risk and fraud issues
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently
- Licensed Fraud Certified Examiner preferred.
#LI-JJ1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite #LI-Remote
Salary Range: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00