Fruitful is fixing personal finance. We started with a product that gives members a path to financial confidence via 1-on-1 guidance from CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals, access to an industry-leading 5% high yield savings account, along with a tailored investment management platform. This was the first step towards a larger vision to be a paradigm-shifting leader in the personal finance ecosystem.
As a next step, we’ll be launching an industry changing money management and credit product. We’re looking for an incredible person to come in and lead our fraud mitigation strategy and build out the Fraud team.
Fruitful has the opportunity to be more affordable, accessible, and comprehensive than anyone in the industry, and it starts with a world-class product… Ready to help us build it?
Fraud Strategy @ Fruitful
The fraud landscape is constantly evolving with fraud attacks being more frequent, more varied, and more innovative. We are currently looking for a our first hire who will work with the CEO, Head of Banking, and Director of Compliance to build and manage Fruitful's fraud prevention and strategy from the ground up.
At Fruitful, we believe combatting fraud is a shared responsibility, as well as a competitive advantage. We are seeking a nimble fraud strategist with a strong background in consumer fintech, startups, and retail banking. Your broad understanding of fraud strategy and mitigation will support our development of innovative, best-in-class financial products and services for Fruitful Members.
Core responsibilities include:
- Define, lead, develop and execute Fruitful’s fraud strategy and roadmap – be a self-starter at first, and build out the team and approach over time
- Lead the team in tackling all aspects of fraud across all channels, including card fraud, 1st party fraud, 3rd party fraud, account takeovers, and internal fraud
- Lead investigations covering complex external fraud cases, and all internal fraud events
- Collaborate with our product, compliance, engineering and data teams to deliver outstanding solutions to our members
- Partner with our sponsor bank and banking as a service provider to instill trust and security in Fruitful’s solutions
- Design and/or sponsor changes to technology, systems and processes to counter fraud activity across the team
- Assist in the development and enhancement of fraud mitigation policies and procedures; ensure updates are published and communicated broadly; maintain a list of policies currently being created or materially amended; and coordinate periodic policy reviews
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weaknesses become apparent and ensure they are addressed and escalated through the relevant teams
Your Background & Values
- 5+ years of hands on fraud expertise in various capacities in a financial institution, preferably within consumer fintech
- Thorough understanding of fraud patterns, fraud prevention and mitigation tools and best practices
- Significant experience with conducting complex fraud investigations
- An in-depth understanding of fraud threats and risks across financial institutions
- Desire to start a function on your own and build out a team
- Ability to come up with solutions to issues, with minimal oversight
- Creative mindset for finding solutions that ensure the best experience for our Members
- Strong purpose-driven service orientation and a desire to help others
- Independent problem solver that actively identifies areas of opportunity and/or need
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to join a fast-moving, early-stage, mission-driven company
- Preference for regular, in-office collaboration in NYC on a hybrid schedule
Fruitful’s Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package including salary and equity
- Self-directed flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Work-from-home setup stipend
- 401(k) program with company match
- Comprehensive health benefits package with a substantial employer subsidy
Fruitful is building a team that seeks to represent the diversity of our customer base. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status