Who we are
Pixel Vault is a media group focused on elevating crypto-native assets across a variety of mediums through the development of intellectual property, as we build alongside the community. Through blockchain gaming, comics, and other mediums, our team uses storytelling to bring life to on-chain digital assets for the benefit of stakeholders and the broader crypto community — and we have fun doing it!
We are seeking a highly skilled Game UI/UX Designer to join our Gaming team and contribute to a variety of gaming projects at Pixel Vault. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in the gaming industry and, ideally, 5+ years of experience in an intermediate or senior position in UI/UX game design.
As a Game UI/UX Designer, you will play a crucial role in crafting intuitive, visually appealing, and user-centric interfaces for our games. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create engaging user experiences that enhance gameplay and connect players with our gaming products.
You will report directly to the Technical Art Director - Gaming, and collaborate with other team members to design and help implement user interfaces, resulting in high quality content for the web3 market and beyond.
- Design high-quality user interfaces for games, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience.
- Collaborate closely with producers and game designers to understand project requirements and translate them into functional and visually captivating UI designs/solutions, focusing on ‘how they work’ as much as ‘how they’ll look’.
- Work alongside artists and developers to ensure implementation matches the design specification and help unblock design related issues where needed.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Conduct user testing and gather feedback to iterate on designs and improve usability.
- Work on various platforms and devices to adapt designs and ensure a consistent user experience across different interfaces.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in UI/UX design, incorporating them into our game development process.
- 5+ years as an intermediate/senior UI/UX designer in the gaming industry.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of current trends in gaming and familiarity with different gaming platforms.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams in a remote working environment.
- A strong portfolio showcasing UI/UX design work, demonstrating a range of design styles and successful projects.
- Self-starting and highly motivated to make high quality gaming products.
- Proven UI/UX design expertise, evidenced by at least one published game title or advanced personal game project, utilizing Unity as the development platform.
- Demonstrated skill in graphic design, including proficiency in motion design and animations for interactive UI components.
- Familiarity with Unity and other game development platforms.
- Some understanding of front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a broad interest and engagement in various genres of games, such as collectible card games, 2d games, strategy games, and brawler/fighting games.
This position is fully remote. US-based and international candidates are welcome to apply.
The compensation for this role is structured with a base annual salary ranging between $115K - 130K USD. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands.
What we offer
- 100% remote.
- Localized comprehensive health benefits.
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off.
- Paid leave for new parents to support work/life balance.
- Stipends for Wellness, Home Office, Professional Development, Crypto/Blockchain Conferences.
Pixel Vault is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or nationality. In addition, Pixel Vault acknowledges that the tech industry lacks opportunities for those in underrepresented demographics. We are committed to creating a diverse team because diversity builds better products. We encourage candidates to ask questions about our diversity and inclusion values and efforts.