DOPP is seeking an experienced General Manager (GM) to join our expanding team.
Who are we?
DOPP is the first fully on-chain derivatives exchange from the matching engine to settlement. As capital-efficient as centralised exchanges, our goal is to serve as the foundational layer for options products within DeFi.
Your Main Responsibilities
DOPP is looking for a seasoned leader to join the team as the General Manager (GM). Reporting to the Management team, the General Manager has one of the most demanding positions the company has to offer.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Director for Legal, Compliance, and Business to bridge the gap between the executive and the technical team.
- Lead the development of DOPP’s business and continue to grow revenues and customers.
- Redesign the team structure to execute the global business strategy in the market, including hiring and managing existing and additional contributors as the business grows.
- Develop and execute strategy for our existing products, explore new avenues to bring more users onboard.
- Communicate product/process needs to the company leadership team and work with the product and dev teams to deliver on them.
- Help scale our markets through developing and sharing best practices.
- Work with the marketing team to develop DOPP brand and marketing materials.
- Engage, onboard, manage relationships with our most important clients to source new opportunities and increase the overall amount of business we do together, including identifying, contacting, and building relationships with key strategic partners and potential customers.
- Provide client feedback and market intelligence to the team to help develop new products and features.
- Be the voice of our products, with an understanding of market forces, regulatory landscape, and consumer demand for our products.
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics, pulling in support as needed.
- Help further enhance the product to deliver the best experience possible for our customers.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, operational leadership, and/or other relevant experience in tech, start-up, corporate, or entrepreneurship.
- 5+ years of experience in former blockchain developer roles, including positions at FTX, BitMEX, Lyra, Opyn, Delta, and other relevant experiences in the field.
- Proven ability to manage people effectively within dynamic and diverse environments, fostering collaboration and achieving team goals.
- Capable of working independently with minimal guidance, demonstrating self-motivation and a proactive approach to tasks.
- Can work cross-functionally with a diverse management team and other key stakeholders.
- Highly organised and a systems thinker.
- Curious and passionate about new concepts, businesses, and more.
- Ability to analyse complex topics, find the signal in the noise, but communicate simply.
- Execute on projects quickly and with a high-quality bar.
- Thrives on ambiguity. Prefers to work on problems using data.
- Desire to build robust processes and procedures to support the growth of this business unit.
- Positive attitude and mature interpersonal skills.