As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We're looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about the opportunity to lead, build and scale our B2B team at EarnIn. The General Manager will oversee all B2B efforts, leading marketing and sales teams to drive commercial performance. This role will also be responsible for expanding the value proposition of our offering, partnering with business, marketing & product teams to build and expand our offering. EarnIn is unique amongst EWA providers with both B2C & B2B businesses, creating greater opportunity for business growth and impact in this role.
This is a multi-faceted role in that it requires a strong and effective business leader with a proven ability to achieve excellent business impact. You must also be a skilled people leader who is able to build and lead high performing teams and develop and mentor your team members.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $283,000 - $365,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
This is a hybrid position with the expectation to work in Palo Alto office 2 days a week.
What You'll Do:
- Strategize - Work closely with senior leadership tying global priorities and innovation to shape a compelling vision and strategy to grow the B2B business and inspire the team to execute on this
- Achieve ambitious business goals - You will be accountable for ensuring we deliver on our ambitious goals including achieving excellent growth
- Lead - Lead and inspire a team including being an effective commercial leader who can inspire our sales and account management teams while also being adept in operations and strategy
- Build relationships - Represent EarnIn externally with key customers and stakeholders.
- Influence - Work cross-functionally with our Marketing, Product, Operations and Analytics teams to improve commercial performance of the B2B business
- Analyze & Experiment - Develop and speak to models that evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various retention and growth initiatives programs and experiments. Work with your team and key partners to develop new opportunities, bring new products and innovations to our partners
What We're Looking For:
- 15+ years work experience, ideally including time spent in commercial / sales leadership roles and/or operations or strategy
- A strategic leader capable of creating an inspiring strategy and delivering on ambitious business goals
- A competent, decisive and optimistic leader that can rally many teams and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
- A visible and vocal champion for the EarnIn business internally and to customers and partners externally
- Responsible for managing and driving the success of a team of individual contributors whose core responsibilities focus on the acquisition, retention and growth of our merchant base
- An important cross functional partner to the many teams that do not directly report to you, but are critical to successful execution of your plan including Marketing, Legal, Product, HR, Recruiting, Finance, and many more
- An appetite for taking smart risks in a fast moving, competitive and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage and develop team members, and get results through people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to influence and gain consensus with senior stakeholders
- Prior experience with a fast-growth technology company ideal
- Prior experience in consulting or entrepreneurial experience ideal
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.