Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
As Robinhood continues to grow, we’re looking for a Head of Customer Experience to build and lead our customer experience function and teams. As a key operations leader for Robinhood, you will be pragmatic with the ability to operate with a high degree of ambiguity with fast response to changes. Our customers mean a lot to us, and no matter who they are, we want to make sure we give them a magical experience. You will provide thought leadership critical to scaling customer experience such as location strategy, insourcing vs outsourcing, contact rate reduction, process improvements, closed-loop feedback, while contributing to and protecting our outstanding company culture.
Our Customer Experience team members are subject matter experts on all things Robinhood. They answer questions and resolve whatever issues customers may have with their accounts, making sure customers leave feeling cared for, understood, and - most importantly - happy they’re using Robinhood. The team is also expected to develop and streamline the behind-the-scenes work such as making the job easier with a new process or tool. You will set up career development and training programs to help our Customer Experience Associates to grow their expertise and comfort with our suite of products over time. As they become more capable and valuable members of the team, they’ll take on greater responsibilities - i.e. handle more sophisticated customer issues, help out with training and interviews, develop solutions for common customer issues, and start leading workflows and processes.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Lead Customer Experience for both internal and Vendor teams and drive world-class operations to provide a superior customer experience for Robinhood customers
- Drive efficiency such as productivity and utilization of team. Establish metrics to measure customer satisfaction, operation effectiveness, and service levels. Use data science to analyze areas of improvements.
- Hire, train, lead a team of people as Robinhood grows. Establish scalable org structure and develop impactful leaders and managers.
- Establish an insource / outsource strategy to ensure the scalability of support operations. Identify which tasks should be outsourced. Hire and fire vendors, holding them accountable to specified SLAs and quality metrics.
- Set up closed loop feedback and processes to prioritize and influence product & tool needs to Product / Engineering; serve as a key stakeholder for new features and launches in the product;
- Provide clear and compelling vision for CX role in Robinhood. Contribute thought leadership on taking customer experience to the next level, set clear expectations on SLAs with customers. Collaborate internally on new growth initiatives.
What you bring
- BA/BS or MBA degree and experience working collaboratively with product & engineering to develop tools and automation
- FINRA licenses including Series 7 and 24 are a must
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience building and scaling large and diverse local and remote teams and cross functional organizations. Have hired & grown teams quickly. Strong planning and forecasting skills a plus
- Worked in a quick changing industry and/or high growth companies with a strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strategic leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity with project and organizational change skills. Experience in outsourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management. Inspirational leadership
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to influence stakeholders across borders and functions
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.