Cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies are the underpinnings of a new financial infrastructure, similar to how the internet was the underpinning of a new information infrastructure.
Pantera Capital is the first institutional investment firm focused exclusively on bitcoin, other digital currencies, and companies in the blockchain tech ecosystem. Pantera launched the first cryptocurrency fund in the United States when bitcoin was at $65/BTC in 2013. The firm subsequently launched the first exclusively-blockchain venture fund. In 2017, Pantera was the first firm to offer an early-stage token fund. Pantera Bitcoin Fund has returned 66,600% in eight years and has returned billions to its investors. Pantera manages $4.8bn across three strategies – passive, hedge, and venture – exclusively focused on bitcoin, other digital currencies, and companies in the blockchain tech ecosystem.
Pantera Capital is the first U.S. institutional asset manager focused exclusively on blockchain technology. We are thematic investors focused on core pieces of the blockchain ecosystem, such as exchanges, custodians, institutional trading tools, decentralized finance, next-generation payment systems, and more. Since 2013, we have partnered at the earliest stages with over 200 industry-leading teams, including Alchemy, Arbitrum, Bitstamp, Circle, 0x Labs, and StarkWare.Pantera Capital is hiring an Investment Analyst for its New York office to join the Liquid Token Fund, an open-ended investment fund focused primarily on liquid tokens. The core of the strategy is conducting rigorous traditional fundamental research to identify high quality long-term digital asset investment opportunities. As an analyst you will have the opportunity to work closely with senior team members and drive the investment process from beginning to end. The ideal candidate is a passionate public markets investor who is excited about the opportunity to adapt and apply traditional investment frameworks to a burgeoning new asset class.
- Research: Research trends, develop frameworks for “around-the-corner” thinking, identity and share new investment ideas
- Analysis: Analyze data (e.g., usage metrics, financial metrics, tokenomics), build financial models and perform valuation analyses to evaluate potential investments and track existing investments
- Diligence: helping the team evaluate prospective investments through financial analysis, market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, competitor checks and other primary research
- Content: Write investment memos and industry frameworks to support investment decisions and burnish our reputation
- 1-4 years of full-time work experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Hedge Funds or Consulting
- Experience with Financial Modeling
- Demonstrable personal interest or knowledge of blockchain and the crypto space
- Hungry, high-energy and perpetually curious
- Strong intellectual horsepower
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and planning
- Disciplined self-starter that can operate independently with limited oversight
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word & PowerPoint