About the job
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Variable is an innovation team within a Fortune 100 company. Our mission is experiment with emerging technologies and ideas to understand the future.
We are committed to encouraging a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where innovation thrives. We a stable, yet fast-paced, platform for our team to grow their careers, and drive impact at scale.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial engineer that has worked in both early-stage companies and large corporate environments. You will be responsible for building with emerging technology to bring experiments to life. It is a unique opportunity to rapidly build with new technologies and solve unique business challenges. You should have knowledge of emerging technology trends to and the success of our program hinges on exceptionally delivered experiments that change the course of the enterprise.
On our team you will experiment with emerging technologies focused on Web3. Collaborate closely with operation and strategy leads, UI/UX designers, developers, and researchers. Be able to effectively prototype in rapid development cycles and communicate development efforts and key findings to senior leadership.
- Build proof of concepts, bringing the experiment to life in partnership with strategy, design, and research
- Ideate with team around the impact of emerging technology on the core business
- Create Web3 proof of concepts exploring new ways to apply the technology
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring innovative concepts to life technically
- Take initiative, work independently, strategize, and execute
- Lead by example to build simple solutions that quickly demonstrate business value
- Build efficient backend frameworks, serving content and integrating with 3rd parties through custom API’s
- Implement responsive and user-centric interfaces, ensuring an optimal user experience
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Create and maintain server-side and client-side code
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity
- Contributes to the growth & development of the organization through actively sharing result & insights across the teams and with cross-functional stakeholders
- Direct experience building applications with emerging technologies such as GenAI, Web 3, etc.
- 7+ years experience building full stack applications
- AI domain expertise with a portfolio of applications demonstrating ML/AI, and GenAI
- Experience in developing AI-driven solutions and working with machine learning models, as well as familiarity with AI platforms, tools, and frameworks
- Strong fundamental understanding of machine learning models, feed-forward neural networks, and transformer models
- Deep knowledge of statistical analysis and model explain-ability
- Experience in vector databases like Pinecone for tasks such as Document Retrieval or Semantic Search and is familiar with model hosting solutions.
- Exposure to web3 and blockchain technology
- Experience with server-less infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Deep database experience
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End