Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Corporate Development
The Corporate Development group manages ConsenSys’ M&A, capital raising, and corporate venture capital activity. This role will play a major role in defining the future of ConsenSys, working closely with the executive leadership team and other key stakeholders to identify, assess, negotiate, and execute strategic acquisitions and investments in Web3. Along with M&A and venture investments, we lead the capital raising process, helping to share our story with current and future investors/partners. We develop both short and long-term strategies to help the company scale and meet its growth objectives.
What you’ll do
- Analyze and execute M&A and strategic investment opportunities, including sourcing, financial analysis, due diligence, preparing materials, and integration planning in partnership with senior management and product team leads
- Work cross-functionally with senior leaders to shape and implement company strategy through deal execution, market research, and competitive analysis
- Cultivate industry connections to stay current on new developments
- Help drive all aspects of ConsenSys’ capital raising processes, including investor outreach and presentations, facilitating the due diligence process, and assisting in ongoing communication
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 2-4+ years at a top-tier company in investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, strategic finance or private equity
- Excellent financial analysis skills with genuine intellectual curiosity for Web3
- BS/BA degree from top tier University
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).