We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Manager, Business DevelopmentOverview
The role of the Commercial Business Development team is to increase Mastercard’s share of commercial solution (T&E card, Purchasing Cards, Virtual Cards, Fleet cards, etc.), spend in the corporate B2B sector and drive MasterCard brand demand with all participants in the commercial B2B payment eco-system including corporations, issuing banks and fintech partners. This role will spearhead our market expansion efforts in the B2B fintech landscape. You'll play a pivotal role in crafting and executing strategic initiatives to acquire new customers, deepen existing relationships, and propel our market share.
This is done through direct sales activities starting with pipeline creation and management, prospect outreach and needs assessment leading to a consultative sales process. The BD reps also work closely with fintech partners to close deals and contract with corporate clients on the Mastercard brand.
Have you been successful in selling B2B payment solutions to fintech’s?
Are you comfortable speaking and presenting to C-suite levels in major corporations?
Are you able to develop and deliver a clear and concise sales presentation?
• Achieve an individual sales goal while working as a team to also achieve a team goal
• Identify and prioritize commercial card and B2B opportunities with corporations for Mastercard.
• Identify the appropriate decision makers at organizations by leveraging internal Mastercard networks and executives, social media, LinkedIn, direct calls, and internal and external partner engagements.
• Persuade a decision maker to meet with you to learn about Mastercard’s solutions.
• Leverage consultative selling skills to identify pain points and opportunities and respond with Mastercard branded solutions.
All About You
• Expert in commercial card or cash management products sales
• Experience in selling B2B fintech's.
• Banking or financial/payments industry knowledge
• Ability to create and deliver formal presentations to Executive level decision makers.
• Effective pipeline development and management
• Working knowledge of third party solutions providers including e-procurement, AP Automation, ERP, expense reporting and travel management companies and Fintech'sIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
In line with Mastercard’s total compensation philosophy and assuming that the job will be performed in the US, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive base salary based on location, experience and other qualifications for the role and may be eligible for an annual bonus or commissions depending on the role. Mastercard benefits for full time (and certain part time) employees generally include: insurance (including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, disability, life insurance), flexible spending account and health savings account, paid leaves (including 16 weeks new parent leave, up to 20 paid days bereavement leave), 10 annual paid sick days, 10 or more annual paid vacation days based on level, 5 personal days, 10 annual paid U.S. observed holidays, 401k with a best-in-class company match, deferred compensation for eligible roles, fitness reimbursement or on-site fitness facilities, eligibility for tuition reimbursement, gender-inclusive benefits and many more.
Purchase, New York: $143,000 - $229,000 USDNew York City, New York: $149,000 - $239,000 USD