Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
We are building an elite team to drive financial insight and strategy at Stripe. The GTM Finance and Strategy team brings understanding and predictability to Stripe’s top line financials, and we work together with our key business partners to accelerate long term growth for Stripe. Your work will be highly visible to Stripe leadership and instrumental to realizing Stripe's business aspirations.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a seasoned Finance leader to join the GTM F&S team. This team is responsible for leading the global planning process, consolidation, metrics & analytics, and other global strategic processes and programs. This role will also be responsible for driving scale and process optimization into the work we do to effectively support the GTM business.
- Act as a Finance & Strategy lead providing centralized support for the GTM business, working closely with Stripe’s CRO, CFO, and broader executive leadership team
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes across the GTM F&S team and business; Manage communications, alignment of teams and deliverables, and ownership of processes
- Define metrics and leading indicators of business performance, partner with Data Science to understand trends, and proactively identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Own the execution of BOD materials, bi-weekly metrics reporting, monthly business reviews, and other reporting to properly assess the health and execution of the business
- Partner with the Sales Compensation team on strategy and design, while highlighting areas of financial or operational opportunity and risk
- Develop recommendations for leadership on strategic resource allocation decisions, return on investment frameworks, and GTM strategy
- Partner with GTM Operations on requirements gathering to identify and improve systems and tools needed to effectively scale with business growth
- Build and develop a high caliber team of GTM Finance & Strategy professionals
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in GTM sales finance or strategic finance, preferably at a high growth, enterprise software, SaaS, or fintech focused business; management consulting, private equity, venture capital, business analytics roles and/or MBA a plus
- People management experience and demonstrated success in building and leading high performing finance teams
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and business acumen, with the ability to simplify and distill complex information in a rigorous but consumable way
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality to go deep into business analysis and understand details while managing Exec-level communication
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and executives; you are seen as a trusted and objective advisor
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a must
Pay and benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $189,000 - $266,800. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.