At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
You will be implementing front office and back office trading systems that are used by institutional investors around the world on a daily basis to trade, invest and exchange cryptocurrency assets. The crypto industry is one of the most exciting industries in tech today, and it is constantly changing! At Anchorage Digital, we are building foundational technology to help the crypto industry evolve in a safe, regulated and highly secure manner, which we believe is essential for maximizing the potential of this exciting industry.
We think about growth and career development differently at Anchorage Digital. We define performance as acquiring, possessing, and practicing a relevant set of skills and competencies - and the ability to apply them effectively and consistently. We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Anchorage Digital “Villagers” better measure impact and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Front End Software Engineering role. You will be coached, mentored and guided to grow your capabilities in 4 major areas:
- Participate in task breakdown, estimation, design, implementation and maintenance of trading systems
- Use your knowledge of the trading system domain to influence the technical direction of Anchorage Digital. Advocate for improved processes or technology when appropriate.
- Dive deep into complex, ambiguous problems, formulate elegant and practical solutions
- Review other developer’s code to ensure consistency, reduce errors and share context across the Brokerage engineering team
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Able to work either independently or as a lead engineer on a team to deliver features
- Capable of breaking down large projects into smaller tasks, and accurately estimating the time and scope of projects. Articulates effectively the different options considered, analyzes trade-offs, justifies and recommends priorities.
- Ensures that knowledge is shared amongst the team and does not position themselves or others as a single point of failure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Brokerage team and other teams at Anchorage Digital
Communication and Influence:
- Mentors and guides multiple engineers on the team within their area of specialization or domain, and helps others understand the strategic goals of Anchorage and how their work relates to these
- Understands others' context or underlying needs, motivations, emotions or concerns and adjusts communication to ensure maximum impact and effectiveness
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- Have experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Golang, Java, C#, C++, Rust.
- Have experience with modern software development practices, including automated unit, integration and end to end testing, cloud development, database design and interaction using MySQL or PostgreSQL and experience using Git.
- Have knowledge of financial asset trading systems and understanding of several (not all) of the following topics: Order Execution Management Systems (OEMS), FIX protocol, market data, low latency application architectures and messaging, matching engines, FX trading, cryptocurrency trading, trading back office systems.
- Have real world experience building financial trading systems.
- Are passionate about good software engineering design and implementation practices (e.g. TDD, SOLID, refactoring, etc).
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Believe software engineering is a team activity and enjoy collaborating every single day, learning from and mentoring others.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- Have GraphQL API design and implementation experience
- Have gRPC API design and implementation experience
- Have a background in the finance industry.
- Were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: €63,800 - €75,000 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.