At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The Security Team is responsible for shaping and maintaining a culture of trust, safety, and resiliency that our clients and regulators expect. This team maintains the core production security infrastructure, ensures secure coding and owns monitoring, incident response, access permissioning, continuous control improvement security testing, SOC attestion and third party relationships.
As a member of this team, focusing on Security Operations and Monitoring, you will be responsible for ensuring that we maintain the proper visibility and response capabilities over our custody platform and IT environment. You would be an impactful stakeholder within the team, with the opportunity to significantly contribute to medium-to-large features. You’d be a clear expert in triaging and responding to the numerous signals that come in through various channels. You should understand the “why” and “bigger picture” and use them to contribute to the prioritization of the roadmapped features, and the ever-expanding footprint of Anchorage Digital. Additionally, you will have cross-team exposure, working as a reliable partner who can apply expertise to have significant influence within and outside the team. Being successful in this role means delivering impactful work improving the stability and resiliency of the overall team, embracing and adding to the Anchorage Digital culture, and above all, prioritizing the safety and security of Anchorage Digital and its clients.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the (insert role title) role:
- Build secure, resilient, and global infrastructure from the ground up!
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Face challenges and exercise judgment in enabling controls, ensuring that Anchorage Digital maintains a risk-based prioritization of the scanning, alerting, and automated remediation.
- Review and evaluates results of incident post-mortems and security investigations to evolve the footprint of our security monitoring and ensure that it remains appropriate as the company scales in size and complexity.
- Determines methods and procedures on security monitoring and operations, while successfully navigating roadblocks and obstacles that may come up, and escalating when blocked.
- Drive work independently, lead or significantly contribute to medium-to-large Security Team initiatives. These are usually multi-person projects that may cross engineering team boundaries, including leading from end-to-end with little oversight and coordinating activities of other team members.
- Break down large projects into smaller tasks, and accurately estimate the time and scope of projects and effectively articulate the different options considered, analyze trade-offs, and justify and recommend priorities.
- May be accountable for delivering tactical investigations or client responses that support Anchorage Digital’s business relationships.
- Be a contributor of high quality code and infrastructure who makes impactful technical contributions to our platform, and monitors technical debt and opportunities for improvement.
- Be aware of the company’s strategy to guarantee its successful implementation and be involved considered in the planning and definition of strategic goals of the Security Team.
- Monitor the development of the company objectives and/or trends that may affect its capacity to succeed.
- Deeply consider security across the entire product ecosystem and help create a company culture that does as well.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Help scale the team.
Communication and Influence:
- Ensure that knowledge is shared among the team. This includes shadowing other members of the Security Team to ensure you can assist if they are unavailable.
- Mentor and guide multiple engineers on the Engineering team and help others understand the Anchorage Digital’s strategic goals, empowering other engineers to safely develop new technologies and services with proper oversight and assurance.
- Cross direct team and service boundaries to solve problems, including reviewing specs published by other teams, and participating in technical discussions.
- Effectively communicate insights, recommendations, conclusions and ideas on how to improve the team (e.g. process, technical backlog, etc.).
- Understand context or underlying needs, motivations, emotions and concerns of others and adjust communication to ensure maximum impact and effectiveness.
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- You have extensive knowledge of information security, cloud computing, and security monitoring and serves as an internal knowledge resource for this expertise.
- You have a wide-ranging experience, uses indepth professional concepts, knowledge, insights and company’s objectives to triage, investigate, and resolve security issues across multiple environments and axes; e.g. scale, uncertainty, interconnectedness.
- You have real world experience shipping product and implementing secure frameworks, libraries, and services.
- You have a deep understanding of common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc.), code signing, networks security, authentication/authorization, and the threat landscape for state-of-the-art attacks.
- You have experience developing threat models and conducting incident response/forensics.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $144,670 - $197,640 this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.