21.co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products. 21.co is the parent company of 21Shares, the world’s largest issuer of cryptocurrency exchange traded products (ETPs) – which is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties. The company is registered in Zug, Switzerland with offices in Zurich and New York. 21.co was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
About the Role:
As Product Manager, DeFi, you'll be the driving force behind our decentralized financial products, bridging the gap between innovative technology and business goals while transforming the future of asset management. The ideal candidate brings proven experience in product management within the blockchain or fintech sectors. A strong understanding of blockchain mechanics, including smart contracts and tokenomics, is essential, as are exceptional communication skills and a data-driven analytical mindset. You should be agile, owning an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in fast-paced environments and isn't afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Engage with key external and internal stakeholders to identify and understand the product needs related to DeFi, tokenization, and on-chain assets.
- Lead the development and execution of a clear product roadmap for DeFi initiatives, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic objectives and industry trends.
- Be the relentless voice of the customer, validating consumer needs and ensuring products match current and expected market demand.
- Work closely with engineering, design, and other teams to bring product concepts to life, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality user experiences.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and technological advancements in the decentralized finance space.
- Assess potential partnership and integration opportunities that can enhance our DeFi offerings and bring additional value to our users.
- Conduct competitive analysis to benchmark our products and identify areas for differentiation and improvement.
- Build & engage with the wider DeFi community, participating in events, forums, and discussions to ensure 21.co is a flagship brand and remains at the forefront of industry developments.
- Define and monitor key performance metrics for DeFi products, ensuring continuous optimization and growth.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to effectively position and promote our DeFi products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or a related field; Master's degree or relevant certifications, preferred.
- Proven experience in product management, ideally within the blockchain, cryptocurrency, or fintech sectors. Preference for experience designing and implementing on-chain products of a successful DeFi brand.
- Track record of shipping high quality products from 0-1.
- Possess a foundational understanding of blockchain mechanics, including smart contracts, tokenomics, and DeFi protocols such as lending platforms, decentralized exchanges (DEXs), yield farming, and liquidity pools.
- Familiar with fundamental finance concepts including leverage, hedging risk, and interest rates.
- Familiarity with API integrations, cryptocurrency wallets, and the associated security.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences, especially engineering.
- Strong analytical mindset, with experience in data-driven decision making and familiarity with analytics tools.
- Passion for blockchain technology and a belief in decentralized solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Flexibility to adapt in a continuously changing fast paced environment, ownership mindset, customer empathy & courage to challenge the status quo.
- Familiar with industry-leading full cycle product management frameworks.
This role is based in New York City and will be expected to work from our New York office in a hybrid model Monday - Wednesday.
(NYC only) Pursuant to Section 8-102 of title 8 of the New York City administrative code, the base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $175,000. Total compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.