UMA Purpose: UMA is the canonical source of truth that blockchains use to verify real world data.
UMA Vision: UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is Risk Labs?
Risk Labs is the foundation and core team behind the UMA and Across projects. UMA and Across are decentralized protocols governed by community members across the globe in DAOs, and are supported by Risk Labs Foundation. UMA’s optimistic oracle (OO) can record any verifiable truth or data onto a blockchain.
Across is a cross-chain bridge for L2s and rollups secured by UMA’s OO.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high-quality products to showcase this.
- Our roadmap is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top-tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top-tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our product and development teams to grow UMA product adoption within the exploding industry of DeFi and Web3.
- Sales mindset & output: Always be building a pipeline of integration leads and develop creative tactics to drive conversion. Establish a personal rapport with partners, build and maintain relationships both before and after the integrations to ensure we’re meeting their needs and communicating updates effectively.
- Technical Evangelism & Outreach: Act as an UMA evangelist by attending industry events, delivering compelling presentations (from CEOs to fellow engineers), and publishing insightful content. Engage in community outreach and developer advocacy to expand UMA’s reach and create a positive builder experience.
- Solutions expertise: Use deep technical knowledge to explain all technical aspects of the product and protocol needed to convey solutions and alignment with the partner needs and UMA’s offerings. Be prepared to negotiate, follow up, and strategize with partners and your fellow sales team to reach the best outcome.
- Execution and Partner management: Collaborate and execute on sales strategy and deliver excellent support both internally and externally. Manage your leads, within the sales process, through onboarding to post sale relationship maintenance.
- Time Management: Exhibit excellent time management skills to balance multiple tasks, ongoing project responsibilities, and client engagements effectively.
- Feedback and Continuous improvement: Research and be on top of industry trends and changes in protocols and their ecosystems. Actively engage partners throughout the sales lifecycle to collect product feedback, communicate updates, and keep them warm for future opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a sales or growth role for software or protocols.
- Formal or self-taught training in CS.
- Working or hobbyist experience in blockchain/DeFi/web3.
- Ability to convey complex concepts to various audiences with speed and influence.
- Ability to create and own a sales process and playbook.
- Experience working with DAOs, protocols, and other web3 entities.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong problem-solving, adaptability, and teamwork skills are desirable.
- UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options.
- Salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few).
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Why do we love working at Risk Labs?
We are a group that’s aligned with the ethos of the crypto industry and doing our best to make an impact for the industry and world at large. You’ll succeed with Risk Labs if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about making an impact. Risk Labs is a values driven team that strives to create an environment where we can do our best work, and succeed. We’re building products that we believe in, and continuing to strive for innovation and growth. Both personally and professionally we support each other to create a happy, healthy, and inspired team vibe, so we can remain motivated to build things the world needs and loves. We take pride in the fact that we are at once family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
UMA’s optimistic oracle is a decentralized truth machine for Web3- yes, that’s a bold and very exciting statement. We’ve build a solid foundation, in terms of the team, the technology, and the products, and the road map ahead is one full of exciting technical challenges, growth, and telling our story to the world.
Across is the Bridge Ethereum Deserves. The more people know, the more they love us for being the fastest and most capital efficient bridge. The interoperability space is early, and it’s anyone’s game-we’re here to win.
Still want to know more?
- Our team blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, and a diverse business team to showcase their high quality tech. Our international and fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn world class talent. We have a great network of supportive investors from groups like: Placeholder, Blockchain Capital, Bain Capital, Coinbase, Dragonfly… to name a few.
- Teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to be their best selves- we care about your wellness.
- You will not get bored with Risk Labs. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving. Yes we try to allow people to focus on their specific product areas, but things are always shifting and evolving. There’s no right answer and we’re all just doing our best!
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We make building products in the DeFi world easy so that anyone is empowered to build and use the financial products they want. Our team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.