Swell Network DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) is a leading and quickly growing blockchain / Web3 / crypto / DeFi protocol that has delivered a next-generation staking product which is decentralized, liquid, and non-custodial with a core focus on Ethereum. The protocol is supported by some of the industry’s most respected venture capital funds and DeFi angels and aims to ensure the continued decentralization and security of Ethereum, whilst providing a superior value offering to stakers and node operators. Since our launch in April ‘23 we’ve brought in $80M+ in ETH deposits and are looking for a qualified senior level engineer to help augment the backend workload and scale us 10x to $800M in TVL and beyond.
What We Are Looking For
Swell is expanding ahead of exciting plans to shake up the rapidly growing Ethereum liquid staking industry. We’re a lean and agile team relentlessly driven by startup values to positively shape the future of blockchain. We work from first principles, learn quickly, iterate fast, and test continuously. It is this ethos that has helped us get to where we are today – the fastest protocol to hit position #7 in the Ethereum LST space.
Swell is looking for exceptional, experienced, and self-motivated crypto / backend / cloud and data engineers. We’re looking for folks who live and breathe the space and are excited at the prospect of working with a project that is at the absolute bleeding edge of this technological revolution. You should take pleasure in solving hard problems and working with a team you’re proud of. This is a full-time role with strong autonomy and independence, with the ability to carve and shape the protocol with your contributions.
Swell’s engineers have the opportunity to work across the technology stack whilst leaning into their area of expertise as part of a wider core team. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering quality code. Experience with smart contract, frontend, or full stack development a bonus.
- Lead backend development
- Drive the design, development, and implementation of new features
- Work collaboratively across workstreams to rapidly iterate, experiment, and grow the protocol
- Design and build systems with an eye for performance, scalability, and resilience
- Deploy, operate, and maintain services in production
- Ensure best practice across development, testing, and security
- 5+ years of professional work in a backend engineering role
- Significant experience with NodeJS / Go
- Experience developing blockchain automation software (i.e. bots)
- Database experience
- A passion for technology and learning modern best practices in web development
- Desire to keep up with modern best practices in software development/crypto, and shape our tech stack as we build out new systems and services
- You lead with intellectual curiosity, strive for excellence, play as a team, and take pride in your work
- You’re comfortable working autonomously whilst ensuring excellent communication within the team, and constantly pushing to solve problems proactively
- You have an innate curiosity about Digital Assets, Web3, DeFi, and the Blockchain
Bonus points if you have:
- Deep commercial understanding of blockchain and Ethereum/EVM
- Experience with Solidity and smart contract development
- Experience with ReactJS and frontend development
- Experience developing and maintaining Web3 / crypto / DeFi infrastructure
- Experience scaling out infrastructure for distributed services
- DevOps experience
Competitive Remuneration (Attractive Salary, Benefits, and Incentives).
- Opportunity to work at the bleeding edge of Web3 / crypto / DeFi
- Flexible working conditions
- Remote work location
- Offer token / equity packages in Swell Network DAO
- Sponsored global events travel
- Annual global 1-week offsite
- Signing and performance bonuses
- Competitive remuneration (attractive salary, benefits, and incentives, including tokens and bonus opportunities)