Who We Are
OKX is revolutionizing world systems through our cutting-edge digital asset exchange, Web3 portal and blockchain ecosystems. We are deeply committed to shaping a fairer, more transparent and accessible society through blockchain technology and to date, we have 50+ million users, 3000+ employees and 180+ countries believing in the same vision as us. We are safe and reliable, backed by our Proof of Reserves. As strong supporters of the Arts and Sports, we are proud partners of @McLarenF1 @ManCity @Tribeca.
About the Opportunity
The Compliance function at OKX/OKCoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. Our team consists of seasoned risk and compliance professionals who are based across our global offices.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for helping lead and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive data privacy strategy that aligns with the company's business goals and ensures compliance with data protection regulations, and safeguarding of sensitive information.
- Create and update OKX/OKcoin's privacy policies, notices, and consent forms, making them transparent and user-friendly
- Stay up-to-date with relevant data protection laws (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, etc) and ensure OKX/OKCoin stays compliant with relevant regulations.
- Evaluate and monitor third-party vendors for their privacy practices, ensuring they meet the company's standards.
- Oversee the process of handling data subject requests, including access, rectification, and erasure requests.
- Provide data privacy training and awareness programs for employees to ensure compliance at all levels of the organization.
- Manage Data Protection Impact Assessments to assess and mitigate privacy risks associated with new projects or system changes.
- Monitor and review controls of the maintenance of records of data processing activities carried out by OKX/Okcoin
- Work with Legal, Information Technology, Customer Service, and other key stakeholders in the handling of subject rights
What We Look For In You
- Bachelors degree or higher in a related discipline
- Strong understanding of data protection laws and regulations (e.g. GDPR, CCPA/CPRA)
- A minimum of 7 years experience in privacy, data protection, and compliance, preferably within the financial services industry
- Effective communication, leadership, and management skills
- Experience conducting privacy reviews, control assessments, and privacy impact assessments
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and to assess needs, including the ability to influence, collaborate, deliver, and partner at all levels of an organization
- Proactive approach to problem solving with a demonstrated track record of successfully translating legal requirements into practical, actionable advice
- Experience with drafting Policies, Standards, and Guidelines
- Strong project management and change management skills
Nice to Haves
- Privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP) a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
The salary range for this position is $135,000 to $190,000. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.