Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, and Nas..
As Sr Data Scientist, you will be responsible for driving enjoyable player experiences and sustainable player LTV. You will translate in-game behavioural data, progression trends, and purchase propensities into segmentations and models for LiveOps personalisation and UA optimisation.
You will be involved in simulating game engagement and game economy - supporting our Product teams in driving game evolution to success. As a senior member of our Data org, you will work closely with our VP Data in scaling data science as our titles multiply.
You will …
- Develop core segmentations - LTV, Behavioural - and core predictive models - LTV, Churn, IAP Propensity - to understand player profiles and behaviour
- Use the above segmentations and models to develop processes and feedback loops to personalise/optimise LiveOps and UA
- Identify opportunities where ML can further automate Growth & Product processes
- Explore agent-based modelling and reinforcement learning to simulate gameplay and economy to drive feature and monetisation development
- Partner with Product stakeholders and take the technical lead in designing experiments that explore different scenarios and key dependencies
- Bank player and game insights to drive Carry1st’s strategic direction via new business models
What makes you a great candidate?
- Degree in Economics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience in data science in an operational environment
- Strong mathematical and statistical acumen
- Solid SQL skills and practical analytics/data science experience with Python
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills as a foundation for adaptability in an ambiguous and agile environment of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to effectively communicate complex insights and hypotheses to business stakeholders
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!