Monad Labs is a venture-backed startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance blockchain built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad delivers 1000x the throughput of Ethereum—10,000 transactions per second—while maintaining backward-compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts, offering users and developers the best of both worlds.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance, high-reliability, high-value system.
After raising a $19 million seed round backed by Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, Naval Ravikant, and other leaders in the crypto space, we are hiring a few more exceptional engineers who want to work on challenging and impactful problems in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a Senior Developer Relations Engineer to focus on growing and supporting Monad’s early builder community. You will travel to conferences, hackathons, and university events to meet promising builders. You will cultivate a community of ambitious builders by developing resources, organizing events, and generally encouraging collaboration and integrations. Your work will be vital to helping builders find and thrive in the Monad ecosystem.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll evangelize Monad’s technology to experienced Solidity developers, explaining Monad’s unique selling points and showing them how easy it is to use Monad
- You’ll travel to conferences and hackathons to meet builders
- You’ll organize events (online and irl) to bring builders together
- You’ll develop educational content (blog posts, instructional videos) to teach developers how to benefit from Monad
- You’ll build relationships with other crypto communities, incubators, and university groups. We’ll collaborate through projects like hackathons or events
What you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Prior experience building developer communities
- Excellent knowledge of Solidity and Typescript; strong knowledge of what it takes to ship a dapp
- Public speaking/teaching experience
- Technical writing experience
Your personal attributes:
- Low ego
- Organizational skills
- Extremely strong work ethic
- A desire to bring people together
- Ability to travel globally for conferences and hackathons
- Enthusiasm for Monad’s mission of helping decentralization scale
- Experience starting a DevRel program from scratch
- Experience in early-stage startups
- Existing relationships with builder communities, incubators, or university blockchain groups
What’s unique about the role
- You’ll be building a DevRel program from scratch. You’ll have significant responsibility to shape the culture and direction of our effort, and your work will be massively impactful.
- Monad’s technology is unique. We go where very few teams go (rewriting the VM to enable parallelization and other optimizations; extreme emphasis on performance optimization). Our technology will be a meaningful step forward for the crypto ecosystem by enabling much wider adoption of more sophisticated and useful apps.
Why work with us
- You’ll meaningfully advance the growth of decentralization by helping Monad’s technology reach many more developers
- You’ll work with a small, exceptional team (bios here: https://monad.xyz/team)
- You’ll wear many hats and take on significant responsibilities
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and competitive total compensation package
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling a much cheaper and more efficient computation platform.
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $150,000 - $200,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; insurance coverage; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.