Nillion is a web3 infrastructure project based on a novel cryptographic innovation called Nil Message Compute (see presentation at Cambridge University). The new technology enables Information-Theoretic Secure decentralized data storage and computation.
As reported by TechCrunch, Nillion raised $25 million at a $180 million valuation in the midst of the bear market of 2022 - the highest valuation for a Seed Round reported in Q4-2022. The project has attracted some of the top talent in tech, including the Founding Engineer of Uber (Conrad Whelan), Founder of Indiegogo (Slava Rubin), Associate General Counsel of Coinbase (Lindsay Danas Cohen), Co-Founder of Hedera Hashgraph (Andrew Masanto) and several other high profile team members. The project has also won several industry awards, including the CoinList Seed Program (see CoinList Tweet here) and Polygon Co-Founder’s Web3 Accelerator Program, Beacon.
Nillion is bringing to life fast, permissionless, decentralized secure storage and private computation that fundamentally improves the way that data is processed, analyzed and shared. The protocol is looking for talented engineers to join its team in building that vision.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Nillion, you will work on internally focused cloud infrastructure and externally focused deployment kits for node operators.This role at Nillion will play a critical role in bringing to life a new security, storage and computation model for sensitive data across a decentralized publicly accessible network. Expertise across all areas of computer science will thus be needed.
Nillion is a remote-first organization primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- 7+ years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer with experience in Containerisation (Docker, AWS & Kubernetes) preferably with a focus on Distributed Systems and Decentralised Computing.
- 5+ years experience with DevOps tooling and automated infrastructure management within Terraform, Cloud Storage and Infrastructure As Code.
- Experience building high-functioning production grade code to support a wide range of users for our upcoming milestones.
- Experience Designing and implementing robust system and cloud architectures, ensuring scalability, resilience, and optimal performance. Deploy and maintain both web 2.0 and web 3.0 infrastructure in a cloud environment via Infrastructure as Code.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless deployment and integration of applications, as well as strategic DevOps initiatives that align with the product goals.
- Participate in deployment of services with strict availability requirements on a large-scale environment and working together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand.
Nice to Have
- Strong experience with communicating with developers and senior technical leadership to tailor the solutions effectively.
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and technologies, including CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, and Cloud Computing
- Have an experience and passion for Blockchain Technology, Web3.0 or Confidential Computing
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as Python, Rust, Golang & node.js
- Experience with building large scale systems and communicating priorities with a degree of open transparency and understanding.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation package
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from world class systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! Nillion are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups.
In summary, if you are interested in web3 infrastructure, innovation, new technology, and are interested in working with a high-caliber team, please apply. Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that they do. Their global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.