What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We're Looking For
As a Fintech AppSec and InfoSec Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for working closely with our Fintech clients to assess and advise on infosec, appsec, and business resiliency-related policies and processes to enable Fintech clients to launch financial products and solutions. This role is hands-on and client-facing. You must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and communicate directly with Fintech clients in a clear and professional manner, without the need for continuous supervision. The candidate must be organized, self-driven, and able to confidently provide expert guidance to succeed in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Consult Fintech clients’ on topics including cybersecurity, information and data security strategy and governance, application security, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Review and assess Fintech clients’ application security, information security, business resiliency related documentation and policies
- Confirm insurance requirements are met by reviewing certificates of insurance (COIs)
- Review and assess Fintech clients’ third party classification and tiering, third party risk management program development, and recommend plans and updates for third-party risk reviews
- Develop and support the establishment of a Fintech clients’ third party risk management program
- Review Fintech client’s penetration test and vulnerability scan reports to help establish a documented and timely process for mitigation and remediation
- Help maintain and improve existing assessment templates and security, operational resiliency, and third party risk management-related policy and plan templates
- Support internal third party risk management efforts including performing third party risk management assessments
- Support requests to source potential vendors and solutions
- Support ad-hoc projects
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information security, cyber security, business development, business administration, business management, or related program
- Prior vendor management, third party risk management, supplier oversight and/or security risk assessment experience preferred
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CVMPRA, CTPRP, CRISC or CompTIA, certifications preferred
- Prior financial institution, financial services, or banking experience preferred
- At least four (4) years of experience in analyzing materials such as policies, standards, independent assessments, business continuity plans, vulnerability scans, penetration tests, and remediation plans
- At least four (4) years of experience with information security audit, third party risk management, data security, or cybersecurity roles
- At least four (4) years of experience providing expert guidance in identifying and communicating program gaps and recommending remediation steps tied to deviations in the materials highlighted above
- Strong communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and meet both strict and flexible deadlines
- Ability to work independently on program growth and support leadership and colleagues during downtime
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Ability to handle uncertainty and remain composed in high-pressure situations
- Self-driven and self-motivated requiring minimal daily supervision
- Capability of being present virtually through video calls while maintaining a professional appearance
- A passion for financial technology and working with startups
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
The salary range for this full-time position (USD: $80,000- $105,000, CAD: $90,000-$110,000 ) is determined by role, level, and location. The range informed in this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US and Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay will be determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and other factors.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.