Our unique platform-as-as-service enables game developers to easily create and operate marketplaces where players can then buy, sell and trade “in-game assets” (e.g., skins, weapons and tools) with each other. By leveraging the Ethereum Blockchain, for the first time ever, players have true ownership and control over their in-game assets.
We are backed by top-tier investors including Naspers Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Apex Capital and Coinbase. With US$15m raised in venture funding, and over US$6m in revenue from our genesis sale we are very well positioned to leverage our first-mover advantage globally and make ownership of in-game assets go mainstream.
Our first title, Gods Unchained, is already the number one blockchain game in terms of players, revenue and secondary asset trading. In fact, Gods Unchained has issued more in-game assets than all other blockchain games, put together.. More games are set to join the platform in 2020.
That's where you come in...
About Us 🚀
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.Our Immutable Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games.
We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!Our ambition is to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
🚀About The Role 🤔:
As a Senior Software Engineer (SDK), you will work in a high-performing and passionate team focused on taking our flagship game asset exchange Immutable zkEVM to as many players and gamers as possible. You will work closely with our development team to build high-quality and robust SDKs for our customers and games. Immutable aims to help businesses scale their creation and trading of unique in-game assets. As Immutable helps businesses scale, we’re looking to scale too! We are searching for passionate engineers who want to work on genuinely hard problems in one of the most exciting spaces in the world right now. You don’t need any blockchain experience, just solid engineering principles, good communication skills and a passion for learning.If you are a talented Senior Software Engineer with skills in Typescript and a passion for building high-quality SDKs, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
You’ll Be Empowered To 🎮:
- Guard the quality of SDK releases. Identify from both internal and external feedback how to improve the build, release, and overall quality of SDKs
- Actively engage with product managers and customers to identify and deliver new features required to support the game and marketplace partners' development and launching process
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to investigate, identify and fix issues related to SDKs
- Coach and mentor an existing team of software engineers who are upskilling/learning SDK development
- Optimize SDK performance and scalability
- Debug and troubleshoot SDK issues to ensure a seamless integration experience
- Write clear and concise documentation for the SDKs
- Gain exposure working in a Web3 development environment, including regular workshops and learning opportunities for blockchain development
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Work in an experimental environment, learning from customer feedback and iterating on products
- Work closely with your team members to ensure operational excellence for the services your team owns
- Continually work with your team to iterate on ways of working
We'd Love You To Bring 🤝:
- At least 3+ years of professional experience as a Typescript developer with expertise in packaging and testing
- Professional development experience (frontend and/or backend) using Typescript
- Expert-level experience in building, debugging, packaging and releasing SDKs
- Experience communicating and developing internal tooling/ library/ test frameworks for multiple teams to adopt
- Ability to independently work on basic DevOps tasks (e.g. CI/CD pipeline configuration and setup in Github/GitAction)
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and services
- Strong system design capabilities.
Bonus Points For ✅ :
- Experience with Web3 development projects - professional and/or personal projects related to smart contract deployment, NFTs, minting
- Interest in game engines and game development (Unity, Unreal, WebGL)