About the dYdX Foundation
The dYdX Foundation is an independent foundation, headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, created to participate in propelling dYdX, the most powerful decentralized derivatives protocol, into the future.
The dYdX ecosystem has recently released the dYdX v4 open-source software – the dYdX Chain. The dYdX Chain is a stand alone proof-of-stake blockchain network built using the Cosmos SDK and leveraging CometBFT for consensus.
At the dYdX Foundation, you will have an opportunity to foster community-driven growth over decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that could shape the course of the dYdX protocol.
About The Role
The dYdX Foundation is looking for a Solutions Engineer to assist ecosystem contributors and partners. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be the main point of contact for questions from the community, and you will help deliver content to improve the protocol. You will work closely with the community, protocol developers and third parties to develop proofs of concept and help drive the future growth of the platform.
What You’ll be Doing
- Own, troubleshoot and solve technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams
- Spend time researching and building proof of concepts to prove out solutions, as well as providing clear and concise technical documentation for the community
- Design and maintain a scalable framework to evaluate clients’ technical needs and capabilities
- Define the optimal architecture to enable integrations and new use cases within the community and with third-party collaborators
- Act as a key decision maker when it comes to protocol and ecosystem improvement proposals
- Conduct research, engage in collaborative brainstorming, and provide guidance on technical integrations
- Provide feedback to protocol contributors and developers to suggest enhancements based on community experience
- Contribute to developer documentation, tooling and developer relations
- Provide technical support to key partners of the dYdX Protocol
What We’re Looking for
- Located in Europe, Middle East, or Asia
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Familiarity with APIs and Websockets
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Communicate effectively and in a structured manner across all mediums
- Comfortable working remotely and independently with a global team
- Proactive, comfortable setting own priorities, with a drive to work through hard problems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Contributions to open source software, reviewing source code, strong experience with Github
- Integration experience with understanding of Linux, Shell scripting is a plus
- Experience with dYdX products, DeFi, DAOs, and Cosmos SDK are highly desirable
- Familiarity with trading is also a valuable asset for this role
Why you should apply:
- We'll provide you with a MacBook to help you do your best work
- Annual PTO + local holidays
- Yearly company retreat
- Home Office set-up reimbursement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Sports & Wellness reimbursement
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! While we believe we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our assumptions about who should fill this position.