Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join the UMA protocol team. You, alongside top tier talent, would be working on the core Optimistic Oracle (OO) as well as industry leaders such as oSnap and Oval. As a team, we’re excited to expand UMA’s protocol beyond the truth machine that it is today, and push the boundaries of DeFi in a meaningful way. Oracles, MEV, OEV, governance, optimistic solutions are all heavily baked into your day to day work.
- Building backend services: Build highly available backend systems, both serverless and persistent. These systems should have a high degree of correctness, efficiency, and anti-fragility.
- Indexing complex onchain data: Design systems that index complex onchain data for ease of use and speedy access (including subgraphs). Gas efficient protocols rely on indexing to keep user experiences snappy and pleasant.
- Build critical bots and smart contracts: Build bots and other services whose primary role is to monitor smart contracts and send transactions. You will be responsible for building infrastructure that is responsible for company and user funds.
- Frontend development: Bring our frontend designs to life as interactive blockchain applications using the latest technologies, tools and practices.
- Code review and mentorship: Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. As much of your day will be spent reviewing and designing code as it will be writing new code. We take pride in writing clean code.
Language experience is not as important as your demonstrated ability to learn quickly but our language stack is simply: Typescript, Solidity, GCP
- 4+ years full-time experience in Software Engineering in a software, financial services, or related organization
- 2+ years of experience with blockchain based projects (hackathons and personal projects too)
- Experience with databases, networking, and data pipelines is strongly preferred
- Outstanding critical thinking skills; low ego, high curiosity and comfort in being wrong
- Love for great software; desire to understand the why and the how of everything you work on
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and clean code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and decentralized finance
- Growth mindset; a desire to learn from and mentor those around you
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially written
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay packages include competitive salaries & meaningful token options.
- Salaries for this role range from $100-200k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Will pay in stablecoins or fiat
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in
- At least two team wide offsites a year
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We make building products in the DeFi world easy so that anyone is empowered to build and use the financial products they want. Our team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.