Who we are
Decent DAO is accelerating the decentralized future and restoring power to individuals. Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking cryptocurrency products. Decent Labs’ agency-meets-accelerator model has enabled entrepreneurs to develop innovative solutions and take part in a radical industry transformation. Our passionate, highly skilled team has fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, we pursue our mission on a grander scale, shifting our focus from client work to community empowerment. 2023 marks the genesis of Decent DAO, an open-source collective dedicated to connecting contributors across the crypto ecosystem with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities.
Who are you?
You have a passion for building bleeding-edge technology on the blockchain. You’re a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to build new startups and products and is unafraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology. You can write and speak fluent English.
Our open source and globally distributed nature presents unique challenges and opportunities not found in traditional engineering management. Decent works at the intersection of many exciting fields (software engineering, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, remote-first work). Staff engineers have the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to support and empower engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Lead technical architecture and engineering implementation for greenfield projects
- Design, scope, and estimate complex applications at the feature level
- Write clean performant code that delivers product value
- Provide regular technical mentorship and code reviews to your immediate team as well as the broader engineering department
- Drive work based on goals and measurable outcomes that are accountable to KPIs
- Encourage best practices in design and usability, creating scalable engines with thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve production incidents through to resolution
- Collaborate with management and product teams to plan, estimate, and prioritize roadmap objectives and identify upcoming opportunities and risks.
- 5+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive, and collaborative teams.
- Experience architecting novel technical solutions
- Can weigh product and engineering tradeoffs and make data-driven decisions
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Decent towards our shared mission.
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- Experience with Node.js and React, bonus points for Solidity and Go
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clear documentation and succinct communication are very important.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
A Few Perks:
- Competitive salary.
- Experience the thrill of a rapidly expanding global venture.
- Contribute meaningfully to the web3 space.
- Join a passionate team that cares about users, products, and working conditions.
- Enjoy flexible work hours and a fully remote work environment.
Together with freelancers and open-source contributors, we’re delivering leading-edge tools that benefit Web3 founders, turning would-be competitors into energized supporters, and turning emerging technology into tangible, real-world results.