Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
Polygon Labs’ Security Team's Vision is: to become the most trusted organization in web3 & blockchain.
Polygon Labs is looking for a Staff Security Engineer with solid RUST knowledge and verifiable experience in leading and performing code reviews, security assessments, and in the blockchain field. This person will be working to discover and solve the most complex and challenging security activities in the blockchain space together with the most active and professional team!
Key Job Responsibilities
* Lead and perform security assessments on Polygon Labs' Rust developed solutions
* Assist and lead Bug Bounty Programs
* Work closely with development teams during SDLC
* Work closely with external security vendors
* Drive security awareness and training programs for developers
* Mentor colleagues
A Day in the Life
“A Day in the Life might include…”
* Helping Triage reports from Polygon Labs’ Bug Bounty program
* Performing a code review of a new product or feature
* Reviewing open issues, findings and/or vulnerabilities and supporting to team in remediation
* Reviewing architecture and technology decisions
About the Team
Talk about the selling points of your team:
* We are a worldwide distributed security team, helping ensure we deliver secure products to the ecosystem
* Our main focus in the coming years is all around Zero Knowledge technology, and you will be at the center of it
* By joining this team you will meet amazing colleagues with similar disciplines, from whom you can learn, share and drive the future of Web3 Security
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
* Mastery in Rust programing language (+3 years)
* High level understanding of Zero Knowledge Proof Technology
* High level understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine
* High level understanding of common smart contract vulnerabilities
* High level experience using testing and security analysis tools
* High level experience in Code Reviews
* Great written and verbal communication skills
* Experience mentoring or training others
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.