You will work directly with the CTO and a stellar team of early engineers to design, develop, and maintain large swaths of ModernFi’s early IP. You will have impact and responsibility from day one, helping to shape the direction of the company, contributing to and developing engineering best practices, and laying the groundwork for the culture you’ve always wanted.
We believe in hiring the best talent and letting you build with autonomy and ownership, while also supporting you to learn and grow your technical and professional expertise. Not only is our team deeply skilled in their respective disciplines, we are eager to share our knowledge and learn from each other.
We move quickly. We are already working with the CFOs at a large number of banks and have several hundred in the pipeline. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz (Seed and Series A) and Canapi Ventures (Series A), along with strategic partners that include industry leaders across tech, finance, and government.
Your work at ModernFi matters. Our products help small and midsize banks better serve their communities, improving the financial health of millions of Americans and the institutions that serve them. We are helping build the future of the American banking sector and, in doing so, contributing to the stability of the US economy.
We apply modern technologies and methodologies to create a best in class client experience. The ideal candidate will come from a strong development background, and be passionate about writing clean and maintainable code on both the frontend and backend. We use modern software development paradigms and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our clients.
- Design and implement delightful frontends for our clients, architect maintainable, scalable, and correct backend services to power our products, and build robust integrations with our bank partners
- Build on AWS with React, Typescript, Go, Python, or any applicable technology you think is the right tool for the job
- Maintain and further engineering best practices (software design patterns, CI/CD, documentation, testing, etc.)
- Develop, test and document business critical features and applications
- Work with all teams to understand feature requirements, determine technical requirements, and develop new features in ModernFi’s core products
- Work with other team members by reviewing and giving feedback on pull requests and design plans
- Join our hybrid team working in NYC
- Tangible experience independently designing, developing, and shipping code that’s meant to last
- Track record of leading engineering initiatives from start to finish for large-scale systems
- Ability to handle nebulous problems and shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, positivity, and open mindedness
- Excited by the prospect of life and career changing work in a startup environment
- Proficient in React and Typescript
- Experience with rapid prototyping and creating proof-of-concept demos
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- High EQ, trustworthy, and calm under pressure
- Interest in financial systems, markets, and banking
The caliber and character of the ModernFi team set us apart.
We value competence and drive over experience and look for compassionate people with a diverse set of backgrounds. We appreciate technical ability, dedication, and humble confidence. Above all, we value respect – respect to our colleagues, our clients, our partners, and to ourselves. We push each other to be better every day, we’re there for each other when things don’t go our way, and we grow together on this journey. Because we are a close-knit team, we are selective and considerate with every hire.
The people at ModernFi could be doing anything in the world, yet they choose to be here.
We offer generous salary, unlimited PTO, and premium health, dental, and vision insurance. As an early hire, you will have access to significant equity at a critical stage of the company’s growth.
We are excited to get to know you, learn about what motivates you, and ensure that we can accelerate your personal and professional growth.