About the role
We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Associate to join the Finance team at Chime. As a finance team member, you will have a key role in collaborating with the Strategic Finance team to shape our business and financial strategy, while completing several high-impact cross-functional initiatives at the company. You will help us build unit economic frameworks to better understand our business model to drive continuous improvement of KPIs and collaborate with business partners to evaluate the ROI of products, features, and initiatives. We are looking for an analytical problem-solver who can break down complex problems into components and can drive financial analyses that generate actionable insights to move the company forward.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $116,100 and up to $161,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Support the development of unit economic frameworks to evaluate the ROI of various products, features, and business strategies and guide Chime’s decision-making
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams including Product, Analytics, and Marketing to strategically advise on financial impact and improve business performance
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and evolve scalable processes to analyze and improve business performance of Chime’s core product experiences
- Evaluate TAM, revenue, and profit opportunities for new products and features
- Perform annual planning, long range planning, and target setting to help the business achieve growth and efficiency goals
- Conduct deep dives into business trends and drivers of variance. Independently lead data extraction, analysis, visualization, and presentation.
- Use business intelligence dashboards and reporting to advise and inform the Finance team and executive leadership on business performance
- Work closely with the Analytics team to operationalize financial and operational metrics dashboards that report key insights
- Contribute to board materials, fundraising materials, and other external reporting to advise investors and other key team members on overall company financial health
To thrive in this role, you have
- 2+ years of experience in strategic finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting or venture capital; prior experience at high-growth technology or financial technology startups a plus
- Expertise in Excel - you can build scalable, efficient, and intuitive models with ease; Experience with Looker and/or SQL a plus
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills; building financial models and ad-hoc analyses should come naturally
- Comfort creating and presenting materials to an executive audience. Demonstrated ability to synthesize key takeaways and easily communicate with key team members, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Passion for digging into the details and moving quickly at a hyper-growth fintech
- A natural curiosity to think critically, to ask questions, and to evolve our business
- A team-oriented mindset and a positive attitude
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.