The Techstars Web3 accelerator team are seeking out a Mentor in Residence to assist with hands-on support to the companies while they are in the program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- You’d essentially be a Super Mentor, and part of the “brain trust” of the leadership team, charged with helping the companies succeed, specifically when it comes to product
- Assisting founders to motion towards building product, shipping product, getting products in users hands and iterating through the feedback process in search for product market fit
- Hold weekly 1-1s with founders and assist them as a “lead mentor”. See mentor overview for more information about Techstars mentoring
- Taking the lead on specific live workshops or group sessions is also a plus!
- Meet as a group with the accelerator investment team weekly to discuss company progress during the program period
- Later in the program - assist companies in their efforts to raise capital, including by introducing them to well-targeted investors in your network
Measures of success
- Contributing to the iterative loop of identifying the product to build, shipping product, getting products in users hands and capitalising on usage
- Contributing to the founder experience in program, including strong survey feedback / NPS ratings from the founders you support
- Helping companies secure funding at the end of the program
While there are many attributes which could indicate strong candidacy, an ideal candidate will have
- A firm understanding and facility with Web3, crypto, and blockchain concepts and ecosystems,
..having built a startup and/or led on Product within the Web3 space, with an understanding of how to prioritise activity in search of product-market-fit, including
- identifying user needs & opportunities, and
- knowing what technologies to build with or upon (particularly what blockchain)
In addition, have or be
- Entrepreneurial empathy - Must have founder experience, preferably been through failure and successful startups as a CEO
- Demonstrative leader of leaders and core understanding servant leadership
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction and high expectations
- Ability to command a room, public speaking and community development is important
- Fits the Techstars’ culture of #givefirst, Entrepreneurial Inclination, High Quality and Network Focused
Program Phases and Approximate Dates
Techstars Web3 - 2023
Sourcing & Selection
September 12th 2023 - January 22nd 2023
March 11th 2024 - June 6th 2024
Availability required: typically around 1/2 time during the accelerator.
Compensation: although mentoring at Techstars is done on a voluntary #givefirst basis, this particular position is compensated based on the right person’s contribution & availability.