Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible. Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Unity Engineer to join our SDK team. In this role, you'll be taking an important role in shaping the future of Decentraland's SDK and helping creators craft unforgettable experiences. You will be collaborating closely with our game engine team, your responsibilities will include introducing new features and tools to our SDK and refining our creator toolset for enhanced workflow and performance.
Our ideal candidate is excited about empowering creators to build new worlds within Decentraland, has a generalist mindset, and can be adaptable to various technology stacks.
• Take ownership of large and complex features collaborating with other team members, ensuring the highest level of quality.
• Design and build code that's meticulously tailored for real-time rendering in a multiplayer environment, ensuring a seamless and immersive experience for all users.
• Be part of the development process and contribute with improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle.
• Partner closely with our game engine team. Together, you will ideate, design, and roll out new features that elevate the experience for all metaverse clients.
• Create Decentraland scenes and other test content needed to showcase the new features.
• Proven experience with the Unity engine.
• Proficient in C#.
• Experience profiling and optimizing.
• Experience working with version control systems such as Git, Perforce or Mercurial.
• Experience or willingness to learn TypeScript.
• Experience in game development tools and the unique challenges they present.
• Experience working with Entity Component Systems.
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Wellness and remote work stipend
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested across a 4-year period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every year.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, monitor and chair.