Founding Engineer (Full-Stack)
Thirdwork is creating the #1 freelance platform for web3 knowledge work.
We are creating an elite ecosystem for non-technical experts in web3—marketers, content writers, designers, community managers, brand strategists, and other experts—providing them with community, resources, and support, and connecting them freelance opportunities at the best crypto companies.
Our founding team has backgrounds leading product and business oeprations at VC-backed recruiting tech and high-growth software companies. We’ve raised a pre-seed from leading investors, and are currently live and generating revenue. We are now seeking a founding engineer to help us build out our platform.
About the role
As one of our earliest hires, this should be a career-defining choice for you (and for us)! You’ll lead development for our community-led freelancing platform that helps connect top talent with the best opportunities in web3.
If you are an engineer who is passionate about users and thrives in a zero-to-one startup environment, this might be the right fit for you. You will work directly with our founder to define the engineering vision and execute on our product roadmap.
What you’ll do
- You'll work closely with the founder to plan and execute on the product vision and roadmap
- You'll design, build, and launch the MVP of our community portal and marketplace platform
- You'll help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
- You'll build end-to-end solutions across frontend and backend work
- You'll help us hire and growth engineering and product teams
- You have 4+ years of full-stack development experience
- You have experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup
- You are excited to take a product from zero to one and build from scratch
- You care deeply about user experience, and are comfortable delivering delightful front end experiences (but also enjoy backend work)
- You're entrepreneurial, and care more about the user problem than the technology used to solve it
- You're excited to dive into both strategy and execution
- You are a self-starter and fast learner who is comfortable with ambiguity and breaking down complex issues into manageable plans
- You have strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- You are excited to dive into web3 technologies
Why Join Us
- We’re on a mission. We believe freelance work is ripe for a change. The platforms that dominated web2 like Upwork and Fiverr are antiquated, and we believe the future will be led by curated, verticalized marketplaces that provide freelancers with everything from benefits and hands-on support to meaningful community.
- We're a small but motivated early-stage team. You’ll get in at the ground floor, working directly with our founder, and playing a central role in building our product, company and mission.
- You’ll have room to grow. You’ll be given as much autonomy and independence as you can handle, with room (and support) to grow as a leader. If you’re excited about making an impact, we’re eager to talk to you!
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity (based on experience)
- Remote team with flexible working hours
- Full health benefits (including dental and vision)
- Optional WeWork all-access membership
- Annual learning stipend