Founding Product Designer
Thirdwork is creating the #1 freelance platform for web3 knowledge work.
We are creating an elite ecosystem for non-technical experts in web3—marketers, content writers, designers, community managers, brand strategists, and other experts—providing them with community, resources, and support, and connecting them freelance opportunities at the best crypto companies.
Our founding team has backgrounds in VC-backed recruiting tech and high-growth software companies. We’ve raised a pre-seed from leading investors, and are currently live and generating revenue. We are now seeking a product designer to join us on our ambitious mission.
About the role
As one of our earliest hires, this should be a career-defining choice for you (and for us)! You’ll lead design for a community-led freelancing platform that helps connect top talent with the best opportunities in web3.
Feelings, not just Figma. To us, product design is more than wireframes and prototypes. It’s about having deep empathy for our users, understanding their needs, and translating that into a functional and delightful online and offline experience. Our mission at thirdwork is to provide unparalleled support and empowerment to all of our freelancers. It’s why we’re not just connecting freelancers with the best web3 clients in the world, but providing them with resources, benefits, mentorship, advice, and networking opportunities. As our product design lead, you’ll be passionate about understanding what motivates our freelancers (and clients), and help us build products that help them achieve their goals.
What you’ll do
- Work with the founding team to define high-level strategy and translate that into beautiful and functional designs.
- Lead user research, client and freelancer interviews, and feedback sessions to help inform product direction.
- Lead the design and creation of new product features and improvements.
- Work closely with engineers to turn beautiful designs into functional products.
- 4+ years of experience in product / UI / UX design
- Passion and excitement for various phases of the design process, including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, copywriting, and usability testing
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across teams
- Comfort navigating ambiguity, ability to work with qualitative and quantitative data (and an intuitive sense for when to rely on each)
- Passion for community-led products
- Experience with Figma wireframes and prototypes
Why Join Us
- We’re on a mission. We believe freelance work is ripe for a change. The platforms that dominated web2 like Upwork and Fiverr are antiquated, and we believe the future will be led by curated, verticalized marketplaces that provide freelancers with everything from benefits and hands-on support to meaningful community.
- We're a small but motivated early-stage team. You’ll get in at the ground floor, working directly with our founder, and playing a central role in building our product, company and mission.
- You’ll have room to grow. You’ll be given as much autonomy and independence as you can handle, with room (and support) to grow as a leader. If you’re excited about making an impact, we’re eager to talk to you!
Benefits + Perks
- Remote team with flexible working hours
- Full health benefits (including dental and vision)
- Optional WeWork all-access membership
- Annual learning stipend